Predictions for pop on launch?

wondering what people are thinking regarding launch population and how much people will play here and actually hardcore dedicate to the server

4 Likes
5 Likes

I have no idea but I would be happy if we reach a total of constant 6k players actively playing the game

7 Likes

10k launch at least I’d imagine. Darrowshire hit 4k on launch with 8k in discord beforehand. Not to mention it was painfully obvious that Radiixx was the only staff member during the launch :grin:

This server has 24k in discord, actual devs, some pretty big names rooting for it, and a proven leadership team with experience from the most successful private servers.

Not to mention I’ve heard China is rolling on this server in a big way at least 2k of them are gonna be joining in.

I’ve got a good feeling is all.

Shenna’s TurtleWoW on suicide watch :knot::face_with_peeking_eye:

8 Likes

From experience on past private servers the “hype” for Vanilla WoW just isn’t the the same. There is not any content creators anymore, streamers or content that surrounds the Vanilla WoW scene anymore and definitely not what it used to be. I’m not saying this is the major part regarding numbers I’m just saying that I feel in general the long term interest in a private server is lost. 1st launch day I am sure we will have numbers however after a month in I can’t really see more than 1k online at peak hours and I will be very surprised if after 4 weeks there are more than that online. You can only re-hash the same game over and over for so long until people lose interest and move on and from what I am seeing compared to Nos - Elysium - Lights Hope - Darrowshire which I was very involved with all of those projects it seems like the light is slowly getting more dim. And this is coming from someone who loves Vanilla WoW. That’s my prediction, I hope I’m wrong.

4 Likes

Regardless of the initial population, it’s worth remembering (as Pottu says aswell) that Nostalrius launched with 4000 players and this gradually increased over time. The worst thing people can do is doom the server based off of launch pop as it should only increase when more people find out about the server or get a “vanilla itch”

Due to the long period of silence and lack of substantial information from the staff regarding release the project lost some traction, but I think it’s more than salvageable. Especially since a lot of content creator videos about Everlook have been posted on Chinese social media (and WoW is massive in China) - so just wait and see imo.

13 Likes

It will be alright. I think so too, that it will gain more popularity as it goes.
We can also now vote for Everlook (Zilhahs post): Vote for us on our advertising sites!
Everything helps! There are content creators which are talking about Everlook and so on.
It’s up to the community to watch these and give em a boost, also word-of-mouth and so on!
We will see how it goes! :smiley:

Edit: WTB Lina stream. @Lina

7 Likes

Is there any way to check the Chinese videos? Are those posted in the Chinese Youtube?

3 Likes

Not sure - a fan e-mailed me saying a lot of my videos are posted on chinese social media, but I don’t know how to access them. If you find out feel free to let me know.

4 Likes

Chinese have youku ;p

3 Likes

darrowshire had like 23k or so pop on discord not 8k. It has 8k nowadays

You heard it here first.

2 Likes

I know everyone in the discord probably won’t join but I still expect over 10k maybe even 20k word of mouth alone is strong I got 3 friends who don’t play private servers or retail, 2 that didn’t play Nost or any of the past projects who will be joining me for Everlook. I think that is a really good sign, imo the problems with some of the other servers is they only attracted the small niche community already really into the private server scene, the wowservers types. This project has the potential to not only attract those types but do like Light’s hope and Nost did and attract none private server players too actually growing the community.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be very conservative in my predictions and say we will have a population of about 4K at launch. This will dwindle in a few weeks time to about 3K steady playing on peak times. Which will still feel like a living (even busy) world where we will all be able to enjoy Vanilla the way it’s supposed to be.

3 Likes

China can’t access youtobe, the game is mainly released on Baidu Tieba and bilibili video sites, their own QQ group

1 Like

I am in China. Chinese players are very disappointed with the operation of official uniforms. As a result, many players of official uniforms will come to E in the future. At present, E is very popular among Chinese players。

4 Likes

Is there a way as non chinese person to upload once videos there?
(Like for example i would make an account and just upload?)

Azamous asked if there are links to his videos (there were videos from him uploaded)
Do you have by any chance some links or could find them for us please? :smiley:

Sorry for all the questions but i don’t know any other chinese people :sweat_smile:

1 Like

At present, the Chinese video website bilibili is a favorite place for players to share games, and many non Chinese players share their videos on it. Link: www.bilibili.com.

3 Likes

welcome m’lord

1 Like

Glad to see you’re still involved here even if you can’t do it on more public channels! See you in Azeroth! :fist:

1 Like