What was everyone's first private server they played?

Mine was Northdale if i remember correctly. :handshake: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Fenix 2.4.3, then Warsong, then Emerald Dream, then Nostalrius, Then Light’s hope, then Elysium

Now here we are!
At some point I did Kronos 1, skipped 2, and did 3 too but didn’t like kronos practice.

3 Likes

I caught the few weeks of nost before it shut down! Private servers are fire AF :fire:

2 Likes

My first one ever was some kind of TBC fun-server. Cannot remember the name or even why I rolled on it, but it was kind of fun. This is all the way back in like 2010, ancient history.

I played some retail expansions but disliked most of them because WoW Vanilla has had my heart since 2005 and nothing could compare in my eyes. Played retail on and off until Mists of Pandaria, afterwhich I quit completely. It had me feeling mixed up because I LOVE my own Asian culture, but HATED what WoW had become. Never really touched Feenix WoW or anything too much.

And then, lo’ and behold, Nostalrius came out. What a blast from the past, what a hype, what chaos, what nostalgia. Absolutely loved every minute of it. Then went on to Northdale, Lights Hope, Elysium and Kronos. Loved all of them, but the private servers were more or less under attack and eventually Blizzard (kinda sorta) wisened up and released Classic which I still loved.

Now that Classic is f’ed up, and I never was a fan of any expansion at all, I am so happy to be here at Everlook, and I have great hopes for our future here as Vanilla lovers. <3

7 Likes

Mine was Elysium-PVP, which became Lightbringer during the 1.7 patch. I really miss those days. I have high hopes that everlook can recapture some of that energy from the golden age of vanilla pservers 2017-19

4 Likes

Nostalrius june 2015, had 2 weeks left of wod subscription, forgot all about them.

Nostalrius had +3000 players when i joined.

6 Likes

Nost. It was the absolute bomb. Hit 60, got some pre-bis, was blizzarding every Horde fool on the AV bridge loving life… then the cease and desist came and turned me into a full-on private server lover.

The shutdown hit deep.

Played LH and Elysium too, think there was one called Rebirth or something also that was pretty solid for a while.

7 Likes

Feenix 2.4.3 as a blood elf paladin named Sund.

4 Likes

friend turned me onto Nost like a week after launch. Some of my fondest memories of wow are from there.

5 Likes

WoWBeez I think, but not even sure at this point if there was something before that.

2 Likes

Played on Feenix 1.12 Warsong for a long time, basically until Nost came around, then ofc Nost till its shutdown. Played some Lightshope after

1 Like

Feenix 1.12.1 Warsong until Nost came out.

1 Like

Tauriwow cataclysm was my first server

1 Like

I went to play on Northdale while waiting for Classic. I never heard of the popular blizzlike vanilla servers up until then. I thought all pservers were basically Cartmanland ballpits run by impaired 16 year olds in their basements. I would have joined the scene much earlier had I known of places like Nost.

2 Likes

feenix warsong, the 12x vanilla realm

2 Likes

Did rebirth and nost, cannot honestly recall which came first.

1 Like

Tried some servers in 2014 and they were ok to relive the vanilla world. Then in 2015 me mate told me about nostalrius and oh dear lord it was like I died and went to heaven.

Tons of people, not too many quests that were broken, x1 xp only, reasonable drop rates

5 Likes

Kronos. I still play there actively. bwl>mc>ony>zg every week (and usually an extra pug zg). I really like it there. Not sure why it gets a bad wrap.

Then Darrowshire. I loved the massive number of players, but the admins were constantly interacting with the players through stystem messages or in world chat which caused a lot of arguing and turmoil. If that can be avoided here I’d be happy to stay… but from the looks of how the ptr is going, i have my doubts

1 Like

what are these doubts regarding the PTR?

2 Likes

Think most of the kronos hate is due to the fact they’re Pay-to-win and there’s a lack of confidence in the leadership since they’ve made some pretty bad decisions that have kind of sunk their previous servers.

I’m speaking as someone who’s played on K2 and K3 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes